Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 29, 2010

Darn Tired

I have been feeling really really exhausted, lethargic and burnt out for the past few weeks. While I am happy that business at my eStore is good, I am nevertheless sacrificing my sleep and time with my 3 kiddos. I should have done more revision with Alycia and Sherilyn to prepare them for their exams but I just can't squeeze out the time in a day. What's with the 3 kiddos down with purging and high fever for the past 5 days, I am really jaded now. For the past 5 days, the girls have been pooping almost every hour of the day (and night!) I have been washing their pooped out bottoms every hour of the day, checking their temperature, feeding #2 meds, spoon feeding Baby (she now screams on top of her voice in defiance whenever our helper tries to feed her) and all that jazz that a full-time mom has to do.

At 11pm when all the kiddos are asleep, I will creep out of my bedroom to have some really quiet time to do stuff related to my online store and to complete my online assignments. But my eyes would droop as my fingers tap on the keyboard. It's really really dangerous to work when your mind, body and soul are shutting down. Once, I wrote a customer's address wrongly and suffice to say, the consequences was costly. Another time, I sent out a customer's order before all her stock arrived. Again, it was a costly consequence as I had to send the remaining stock to her later. Once bitten, twice shy... I will never repeat these mistakes again. Sigh... well having said all these, I think this arrangement is still better than me being a working mum. Not really regretting but just need to rant out all the frustrations in me.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

you may want to consider employing part time help.

BoeyJoey said...

Hope your 3 angels will get well real soon. You take good care too.

mommy to chumsy said...

sorry to hear about the girls Shireen. Hope they are better now. You take care too.

MeRy said...

Hope the 3 angels will get well soon..and you do take good care of yourself too.