Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Restoran Sari Ratu, Minangkabau Cuisine

After lunch at Coliseum Restaurant about 3 Sundays ago, we had desserts at Restoran Sari Ratu, a restaurant that specializes in authentic Nasi Padang and Minangkabau cuisine. The restaurant itself originated from Indonesia and has spread its wings to Malaysia. There are currently about 6 outlets in Malaysia. The one that we went to is at Jln Sultan Ismail. If you like Indonesian food and desserts, this is the place to go to. The food is pretty good.

Here's what we had ...



Deep fried chicken with fragrant deep fried turmeric and deep fried tapioca chips coated with chilli paste...




A variety of Minangkabau dishes behind the counter...







The dessert menu...





Cendol Mix Durian...





Forgot what this is called but it is a very unique combo of fresh avocado, colored sago, coconut flesh, santan and ice cream...




Tapai ice cream (tapai is fermented coconut water). I think that tapai with ice cream is a weird combination and I didn't like it at all.




Curry fish that we took away for dinner...



We also took away some beef rendang.


Restoran Sari Ratu
GF 42-2,
Jalan Sultan Ismail,
Bukit Bintang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

603 2141 1811 (tel)

Business Hours
11:00am to 11:00pm

7 comments:

Yannie said...

The Tapai Ice Cream with Sago looked so unique and yummy.

Inspired Momx1 said...

How's the durian chendol? Nice?

Little Kit Boy said...

Those Minangkabau dishes behind the counter, I mean those fried fishes are so.... (heheheh..don't know what's the word to describe but it look a bit scary to me instead if yummmy).

Health Freak Mommy said...

Inspired mum, yes the durian cendol was very nice but not the tapai ice cream.

Little Kit Boy, oh yeah those fried fish look scary :D We didn't order the fish as they were exposed in the open air.

Anonymous said...

That so called scary fried fish is one of the most delicious dish I must always eat whenever I go to Jakarta. It is supposedly called Ikan Gurame but I think the one served in Malaysia looks like Ikan Telapia. I doubt its quality is same as in Jakarta. It is a simple fried fish but with the right sauce, it tastes great! Like you said, I wouln't eat it since it's displayed in open air. LOL.

MeRy said...

When I saw your post, I miss my hometown malay food alot...
I like to eat Indonesian food as I am also from Indonesia.SOmetimes, when I was craving for some indo food, I will cook it myself and my favo dish is curry chicken.

JoinMe said...

Hi HEALTH FREAK MOMMY,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.