Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, December 3, 2010

Penang Here We Come!

We will be traveling to Penang in a few hours. Yesterday during our drive back to Ipoh, hubby and I were discussing where and what to eat. We have roughly planned what to target in Penang this time. Since we will be staying at G Hotel @ Gurney Drive this time, walking to the hawkers centre at Gurney Drive is not a problem. Oooh, I am so going to attack the Pasembur rojak, prawn noodles, lobak and fried koay teow! Hopefully I won't pile on the kilos after this trip as I won't have the time to exercise for 3 days.

And oh yes, I finally bought a new lappie yesterday!! Have been meaning to buy a lap top for years and finally got to do so, just in time to bring it with us to Penang. My main intention of getting the lappie is to let the girls while away their time doing more useful things like reading and practising Math and playing educational games on the internet rather than stay glued in front of the idiot box. The lap top will also serve as my back-up just in case my desk top computer konks out. This will be my birthday present to Alycia who will turn 7 in 2 days. Expensive birthday present hor? RM2,500 for a birthday present, she's one lucky girl!

5 comments:

Charmaine said...

Enjoy your trip to hawker food paradise. Makan makan for all of us who are abroad. Happy Birthday to Alycia.. she's a very lucky girl to receive her own laptop at such a young age. :D

Yannie said...

Yes, this is a luxury, and also practically useful Birthday present.

MeRy said...

Happy birthday to Alycia in advance....
Have fun and enjoy ur holiday in Penang.

Reanaclaire said...

wow..G hotel is best.. i like it! when it was newly opened, i paid only RM204 per room during December itself.. i guess now it must have cost much much higher..

Ann said...

LOL...the laptop sure for your daughter ah? hahaha...

anyway...I also feel computer now is the new 'game' for kiddos. Alot of educational stuff to play and see.