Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ranting On Maid Again

Just cannot stand that lady anymore. She turned into a bossy control freak about a year ago and now the bossiness has accelerated. Yesterday after shopping for groceries, while keeping the stuff into the fridge and storeroom, she tried to incite hatred and tried to start a fire between my mil and I by reporting to my mil that I still bought so much of this and that. She thought I was in the bathroom but I heard her reporting softly to my mil "tengok aunty, masih banyak beli lagi hehe" Who the h*ll is she to control what I buy and to report to my mil? That lady love yakking non-stop and most of the time, whatever that comes out from her mouth drives me bonkers. She even told Sherilyn this once "you die already ah, why you lie down to eat?" She also loves to use her body to push Sherilyn when Sherilyn is near her whenever she's carrying something heavy, as if to tell her blatantly, "move away!!" Oh yes, she did say "GO away" rudely many many times to my kids whenever she's busy and they are near her.

This afternoon, when Alycia returned from school, she told me that she did not eat anything in school. I was shocked to hear that as I had put a small box of honey stars into her bag last night. She told me that kakak took it out! Who the h*ll again is she to control what I put inside my daughter's bag and how dare she take it out without telling me? What a super super control freak she is.

Yesterday morning, she also used her feet to nudge Sherilyn's butt to wake her up. Knowing that Sherilyn does not like her to step-mother her around, she has to target Sher all the time. She and Sherilyn are like cats and dogs. That lady loves irritating Sherilyn to no end. She will playfully touch her butt and that lady will turn back to give Sher a killer glare with her vampire teeth ... and use whatever that she's holding on to attempt to hit her back, only to be caught by me most of the time. It's really a tit-for-tat case for that lady who has no patience at all with my kids. In front of our friends and relatives, she will transform into a maid sent from heaven with the sweetest smile and words, to gain liking from them. I can write and write and even a compile a book on maid horror stories but I shall end here. I have loads to do but I just have to vent out my frustration.

11 comments:

Montessorimum said...

Horrible!! And you are still keeping her?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine, my hubs went to another maid agency early this week but was told that there is no supply of maid at all! Indons - we can forget about Indon maids as the MOU is still not inked. Cambo also got probs now. We had already paid the deposit and still waiting for supply. Sigh...

mommy to chumsy said...

gosh how dare she? did you confront her about what she told your mil? she's probably trying to "angkat" your mil. this woman is really like a 2-headed snake. you know, when i meet her each time, she's all friendly and even asked me how ashley is, etc. when is she leaving?

Reanaclaire said...

How old is your maid? Say childish also cannot cos can talk to your MIL about groceries..
Just make sure she doesnt physically abuse your kids... maybe u should ask her why she took the honey stars out?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb, I told her off immediately and gave her my killer stare. I told her not to campur tangan in my family matters anymore. She will leave when our new maid comes... if only we can get a new one soon.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Claire, I did ask her why she took out and she gave me some nonsensical answer, which made me even angrier!

coffeesncookies said...

can't live with them and can't live without them. I think yr maid really 'big faced' but you've still got to bow down till yr new maid comes. no choice. the kids are priority but I'd put my foot down when she touches the kids.
'yan'... no choice la..

mott said...

U know..I shudder when I read about her Jekyl and Hyde nature. My granma's maid is just like that. Fussing over her, whenever I visit her. I feel most uncomfortable as I am very sure my poor granma is ignored by her when there is no one around. And my poor granma has got alzheimers...so she'll never be able to tell us what really happens. Sigh..

I hope you will find a replacement fast.

Chris said...

I'd suggest u keep a written record of what has happened, even to let her know u are doing that. Does she plan to have another job after this? What sort of reference would she have after this?? For sure keep confronting her and also asking her point-blank why she is doing this. Not to say you aren't the boss, but would she "behave" better if u got the "man" to talk to her?? Sometimes they feel a female is not an authoritative figure. Good luck!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, my man had spoken to her umpteen times - with lots of threats to fire her but she's numb to all our scoldings. I think she knows she's indispensable. Sigh.. can't wait to get a replacement and hopefully we'll be lucky this time.

ryeli said...

wow, you all have tolerated her alot. i would not give her, her full pay when she leaves just to spite her...ok-la, maybe for what she has worked for but no extras at all!

anyway, i know no choice for u guys so until ur new maid comes, better keep an extra eye on her esp when she handles the kids and your food too.

and pssst, maybe b4 ur new maid comes, install cctv esp at ur kitchen perhaps?