Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food Foundry @ PJ Section 17 (Happy Mansion)

Ever since the hubs tasted the chocolate cake and Mille Vanila Crepe Cake at Food Foundry, it seems like his taste bud for sweet cakes has been stimulated. He has been craving to eat chocolate cakes all the time and his craving is even worse than mine when I was preggers. Oh for your info, I did not have much cravings during all 3 of my pregnancies, thus my weight gain of only 10kg for all 3 pregnancies +_+

After days of craving for chocolate cakes from Food Foundry, we finally made a trip to this little diner after church last Sunday.

And here's what we had:






Chicken Cordon Bleu



Nasi lemak set...


Fish and chips...


Vanilla Mille Crepe which is one of the signature cakes at Food Foundry.

Mille means ‘1000′ in French, so this very popular cake translates to 1000 layers of crepe. The crepes are layered on top of each other till they form a cake, and I heard that it is one of the only places in Malaysia that serves this unique cake.




Hubby's favorite chocolate cakes. The one at the bottom is peanut butter chocolate cake. I find it too thick and creamy for my liking. If anyone were to chomp down these 2 slices of rich, decadent cakes, she / he will need to exercise an EXTRA 15 minutes a day for 1 whole week to burn off the approximate 700+ calories gained in just 5 minutes! See how easy fat enters our body but always too hard to exit!


My cake-crazed hubs even took away a slice of tiramisu but as usual, the cake ended up in the fridge and I had to reluctantly finish it off with my girls. Don't get me wrong, I love cakes to bits but knowing how fattening these morsels are and how hard I have to work out later, I rather not step into a bakery so that I will not succumb to the temptation. I suspect my hubs gains satisfaction just from buying cakes!




From the facade, Food Foundry looks like a regular cafe but the food is delish. It is located in the heart of Section 17's Happy Mansion, a residential flats area. It describes itself as "Your Neighborhood Food Provider".

Add: Food Foundry, BG-8, Happy Mansion, Jalan 17/13, PJ
Tel: +603 7955 3885
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10.30 am - 9 pm & Sat-Sun 9 am - 11pm

5 comments:

Ann said...

Mmmmm....looks YUMMY indeed. Western for the kids and can go Asian for the older folks! :)

LittleLamb said...

this place very "sam ka lar" yet serving a lot of good food. i frequent this place everytime i'm in that area.

Yannie said...

Your husband is really such a cake-crazed. Hahahaha! All the cakes look yummy. Especially Mille layer cake.

Unknown said...

I been to FF a few times, honestly thought the food was ok only, except for their cabonara which William polished off more than half!

Do you gain weight easily? Is that why you are so weight conscious? Sorry, jst had to ask, coz I doubt a cake will do much harm.

missyblurkit said...

can't really say that i like their food but for desserts...this place is fabulous. love their mille crepe to bits:D