Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ficelle Boulangerie @ Taman Desa KL

One of our favorite patisseries is Levaine Boulangerie located at Jalan Delima, Off Jalan Imbi. But this place is a tad too far for us when we need to grab some pastries or have breakfast at 8am. Hubs was so excited when he found out that Ficelle Boulangerie has opened its door right at our neighborhood @ Taman Desa KL. Ficelle is under the same management as Levaine. For those of you who are die hard fans of hand crafted pastries and buns, you will fall in love with Levain and Ficelle. Price wise, I think it is still cheaper than The Loaf. We love the pastries at The Loaf too and hubs even has membership at this patisserie.

Your first entrance into Levaine and Feticelle, you will be greeted by an explosion of fresh and nice smelling pastries and of course the bursting aroma of brewing coffee. I love stepping into such places, for it gives me a feeling that I am in a luxurious hotel, enjoying my 5-star continental breakfast.

Last week, hubs woke up and without any notice announced that he wanted to bring us to Ficelle for breakfast. I had just stepped into the house, drenched in my sweat after my work-out session at the gym. When my man wants to go anywhere, he does not like to wait and I have to rush like a mad woman to get my kids and I ready. And I donch like rushing, it drives me delirious! Anyway, it was worth the rush for I really enjoyed my breakfast at Ficelle. So did the girls. Oh yes, if you are a fan of macarons, you can pick your choice of flavors and bright colors at Ficelle.














Ficelle Boulangerie & Patisserie
11-0-12, Jalan 3/109F, Danau Business Center,
Taman Danau Desa, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-7983 0211
Fax: 03-7983 2210

4 comments:

Chris said...

Just a sec here...HE wants to go out for brekkie and does not help get the kids ready while you are out?? And u are expected to run around like a chicken with the head cut off to get everyone ready? Listen, my husb used to try and pull the same stunt, so I just told him off. Better still, I phone his mother to complain!! I used to ask her if her son was paralysed from the neck down! Now, actually I tell her he is paralysed from the neck up!!
Thx for the recommendation...may go try it later this year when I visit Msia again (without hubby...heehee!).

mommy to chumsy said...

hey, how come so many french boulangerie in taman desa now eh? i must visit ficelle very soon. I just saw your other blog...it's another one eh? that one is expensive :(

Little Kit Boy said...

haven't try this out but it definitely looks very nice.

very nice table no. too ya...18.

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend and I are absolutely disappointed with the service in this restaurant. As the waitress cum cashier are constantly chatting among themselves and ignoring us as we wanted to find out whether the breakfast set is still available. The tomboyish cashier is the WORSE!!! she had a sour face all the times and returned our change rudely. The other one used her gloved hand for handling food to handle money. The waiters serving outside the restaurant also less experienced and did not pay attention to the kids who played with the cups which were displayed at the self-service counter for customers to take water. These are our observation after 2 visits to the restaurant, what's the point of having good recipe if you are hiring a bunch of jokers to manage the restaurant? For those who are health conscious, I advise you not to look into the kitchen as the cooks are not wearing any gloves and/or cap and/or apron in preparing food...