Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Homemade Mashed Potatoes

Homemade mashed potatoes or whipped potatoes can be whipped up in a jiffy and it's so simple and tasty, minus the MSG. All you have to do is to boil a bag of potatoes, mash them together with some pure butter and add in some salt and pepper. Easy peasy! And your kiddos can help you too. I'll bet they'll love to help out with the mashing as well as the whacking of the yummy mashed potatoes later, like in the case of my 3 angels.




We used premium butter so that the mashed potatoes will be tastier.


Mash and mix the butter with the potatoes, add in some sea salt and pepper.



One picture is missing, which is the end product. The girls were so keen to dig into the mashed potatoes that they helped to prepare that I did not even have the time to take a nice pic of it. Never mind, next time I'll remember to snap a pic!

3 comments:

MeRy said...

Will try your method...i love eating potatoes.

Mummy Moon said...

Thanks for sharing this, I love to try this out wt my kids.. hehe

Chris said...

Yum!! Add a bit of warmed up milk to make the texture smoother. Melted butter is good too. Once a year I make a real decadent one with cream cheese! Lowfat version...use warm chicken broth. At least yr kids enjoy real mash...mine only like the instant kind!