Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 24, 2011

Onions That Cost A Bomb

Would you spend RM11.50 on 2 huge Indian onions? My hubs would, though the stingy me won't. But after trying them, I think I will have to put aside my frugality the next time I come across such onions. The onions are very sweet, crunchy and juicy. Stir-fried with some soy sauce, black pepper and Lea & Perrin sauce, the onion sauce goes very well with chops and steaks. We got these onions from Cold Storage @ Jaya One PJ.

See the vast difference of a regular size big onion and these costly gigantic onions?



My girls love them just as much as the adults and onions are chokefull of goodness and health benefits too!

6 comments:

Yannie said...

Me too, love onion and garlic very much.

mommy to chumsy said...

no i won't pay that much, no matter how good they are :)

MeRy said...

Both me and my son also love eating onions...smell sweet and good.

MeRy said...

Both me and my son also love eating onions...smell sweet and good.

Chris said...

Are these Vidalia onions?? We can get them here for abt CAD 1 a lb, even then I complain and wait till they go on sale at 70c! Some varieities are so sweet that you can supposedly eat them like an apple, though I have never tried! I usually slice them up, fry in olive oil and when lightly browned, throw in a couple of splashes of balsamic vinegar and pepper. Goes well with everything and can be eaten cold too!

coffeesncookies said...

These onion are v sweet, good w salad or grilled and yes, wouldn't pay a bomb for just 2 onions .