Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Roast Pork Ribs Porridge With Purple And Yellow Sweet Potatoes

One of the easiest and quickest nutritious meals to whip up for my kids is porridge. And one of the most popular porridge varieties among my girls is roast pork ribs (siew jue kwat) porridge. Sometimes I'll throw in some purple sweet potatoes to add some colors to the porridge, to entice my 3 fussy eaters.

Purple and yellow sweet potato porridge with roast pork. Getting thumbs up from my 3 little pernickety eaters...




7 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Siew chu kwat chok? my favourite and my kids too... they like the saltish roasted pork in their porridge.. put in groundnuts best!

Unknown said...

I've never had this before. I doubt my kids will eat this. They all don't like porridge :(

Yannie said...

It looks really nutritious and yummy. I like it, but my kids also don't like porridge.

MeRy said...

I hardly cook sweet potato porridge as both Ryan and my hubby dislike sweet potatoes,but I myself like to eat sweet potatoes.

Ann said...

NICE ! Didn't know sweet potato comes in purple too. Though my son might be put off by the colour. He's not so adventurous.

Stephanie said...

Looks yummy. Do you cube the sweet potato and put them in at the same time as the rice to boil?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Stephanie... yes I cube the sweet potatoes. I put them into the rice cooker an hour after I have started cooking the porridge. I use a rice cooker to cook the porridge for 2 hrs.