Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kids Ask The Darndest Questions

During shower time last night, Baby saw a mozzie flying past her, right in front of her eyes and she wanted to smash it with her hands but as elusive as they may be, the mozzie vanished into the thin air.

Baby - mummy, why did God create mosquitoes?

I paused for a moment, thinking of an appropriate answer to give this inquisitive toddler.

Baby - mummy, I asked you, why did God create mosquitoes??

Me - God created many animals and insects when he created the world.

Baby - but why did he create mosquitoes and tigers to bite us? Why did he create animals that can bite us?

I could not give my baby girl an answer and just told her that I wanted to know the answer too! This rascal always asks me questions which I am lost for answers. Anyone can give a proper answer to this question?

7 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

That's a very smart question from young Cassandra!

My kids used to ask the same question too when they were younger... i told them God needs to make the world balance. If there's no predators, population of certain species will go uncontrolable, and hence the world will be imbalanced :-).

cre8tone said...

Nice Q ... ha!~

Adrine said...

I remember asking similar questions b4, but definitely not at 3+ years old! Bb C is certainly a smart little girl.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Pei Yee - good answer! Shall tell her this the next time she asks me again.

Adrine - sometimes she talks so much that I would ask her to keep quiet, esp. when I need some peace :D

Ben and Shaun said...

Perhaps you can share with your girl that animals have food cycles. Mosquitoes are food for some animals like lizards and frogs.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Good answer from Pei Yi :) My answer would be ..so that the frogs would have something to eat...muahahahaahaahhaaa

Ann said...

I was also thinking like Pei Yi....but then again mozzie's are there to cause disease in animals and let them die?

Coz that is the only way they are predators I guess.

Deep....really deep!