Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sherilyn's 7th Birthday

Since Sherilyn's birthday falls on a Thursday this year (16 February), we decided to have an early celebration for her at a restaurant of her choice, which was Xenri Japanese restaurant @ Wisma Elken last Saturday. Sherilyn also invited her best friend, Berlyn to the dinner. Berlyn and Sherilyn were classmates at pre-school since they were 3-year olds and now they are in the same class, goes to school in the same van and attends swimming lesson and mental arithmetic class together. The 4 rambunctious girls had a fabulous time chatting, talking nonsense, laughing and playing and drew a lot of stares... first on the noise and then on the 4 girls. We even heard a woman exclaiming her surprise that I had 4 daughters! And I am sure other people must have had the same thoughts and that they were thinking that my 4 daughters were a very rowdy lot too!






Some of the sumptuous Japanese spread that we ate...


Scallops, prawns and seafood teppanyaki...


Sashimi and soft shell crab maki...




Hello Kitty was Sherilyn's choice of character for her birthday cake but the bakery did a very shoddy job. The Hello Kitty's face looked a tad distorted and the taste of the cake was a shame too, sigh... that will be our last time buying a cake from that bakery.


Baby over-ate that night. Daddy gave her too much food without me noticing as I was not seated next to her that night. With just a tiny frame, my baby girl slurped down 1 big bowl of Udon, ate 1 piece of soft shell crab maki, had a cup of Chawan Mushi, had Japanese fried rice and popped lots of Edamame beans. All of a sudden, she gave us yet another of her 'over-ate pain in the tummy and I feel like puking' look on her face and told us that her tummy hurt a lot. This girl is very fond of over-eating and puke all her food right on the dining table of the restaurant. So I quickly distracted her and brought her for a stroll outside and then walked up and down the restaurant with her, so that the exercise will help with the digestion. Thank God it did and she managed to hold her food! She skipped the birthday cake that night.

7 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

Wow.... your girls have expensive taste. I see them enjoying Japanese Food very much.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Ben and Shaun, yes we all love Japanese food :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm... I loovvee Jap food too! Would you recommend a good one, maybe a little romantic one for my coming wedding anniversary? Pls email me at ms_yew@yahoo.co.uk hehehehe sorry I'm taking the lazy way out by just asking you : )

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Happy Birthday Sherilyn :) That is a very nice celebration. The patrons at the restaurant must be wondering why all your 4 girls don't look alike :P

MeRy said...

Food looks yummy...

CL said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Sherilyn...

When I look at all those good food, one thought came to my mind, what am I doing here, moving to a country that has crappy food!! Have to wait for a year to enjoy good food :(

Health Freak Mommy said...

CL, the grass is always greener over the other end. Let's switch places??