Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, February 20, 2012

Still Very Much A Dilly Dallier After 1.5 Months

After 1.5 months into her first primary school year, Sherilyn is still pretty much the same in terms of her sense of urgency. She still day dreams every morning at the dining table, struggling to finish her mug of milk . She still sits on the throne in a daze and moves about looking zonked out. Each morning, I need to rush her like mad, with Alycia and my mil nagging her along side me.

Every morning, I still need to dress Sherilyn up hurriedly - put on the white shirt for her, help her button up, put on the pinafore for her, comb her hair, feed her Scotts Emulsion, put on socks for her and put on shoes for her at times! If I don't do that, she will be gravely late. She does not have the least bit of panicky feeling even when it is already time to go to the lobby to wait for the transporter and she is totally not ready yet. She was late several times and I felt so bad that the entire van load of kids plus the van driver had to wait for her.

I send Alycia and Sherilyn to bed by 9pm every night but on some days, they will only fall asleep by 10pm, which is on the day that Sherilyn has ballet class in the evening or when the hubs watches TV and they are too distracted by the TV. On most days, they will have at least 8 hours of sleep.

Poor Baby is the victim as she will often be jolted up from her sleep from the commotion every morning. On some mornings, she will wake up at 6am and not go back to sleep at all. This means, I will not get to go to the gym as she will insist in following me. Not liking this at all. Hopefully things will get better over time.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you give her one last warning and tell her to hurry up herself, dress herself and wear her own socks, else she goes to school in the condition she is in, without letting the van wait for her... It will be her own embarrassment and punishment. I do that to Vic.

Unknown said...

Hahaha, of course she didn't end up in school with her pajamas..

Health Freak Mommy said...

Irene, if I give her this warning, I think I would hv to drag her out of the house with her wailing in her pajamas ( or maybe in half her uniform) when the transporter is here! I can already vision the scene!

MommyAngel said...

Maybe because she knows that her bus will be waiting for her, that's why she thinks no urgency to rush for it???

Ben and Shaun said...

Poor little one. My youngest who is turning 4 years old has the same problem. With his brother in the same room waking up so early, the youngest will also wake up at the same time. My youngest doesn't even take afternoon naps.

Unknown said...

Agree with mommy angel. Seriously kids these days are so smart, they know when they have the upper hand, but trust with so much tlc from mommy and a wonderful family, they outgrow. In the meantime, she is just happily enjoying "the moment"

Inspired Momx1 said...

My boy tends to dilly-dally too sometimes when getting ready for school. In situation like this, I would start the car engine and reverse the car out from the porch without him just to scare him. Haha... I know I am bad but it works on him though.

MeRy said...

Be more strict to your 2# girl..let her be more independent.