Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, March 30, 2012

39th Birthday

This year marks the last year I call myself 'I am in my thirties'. In a flash of an eye, I will be hopping into a new age era. I wonder how it is like to be in my 40s. Just can't believe how fast time has ticked away, from the time I left school up until now, it's been 22 amazing years, gosh! I feel sentimental that I am enjoying the last year I am in my 30s. Suddenly, I feel I have aged. Happy that my girls are growing up fast and yet a tad sad that I am no longer young.

I celebrated my 39th birthday yesterday in a low key celebration. Ever since I had kids, I have never liked elaborate birthday celebrations for I think it is just a waste of money. Because it was a school-day the next day (today), we could only go to a nearby restaurant to have dinner. My hubs surprised me with a Samsung Galaxy Note early this week and surprised me with my favorite Tiramisu cake from Alexis yesterday. It was a very simple and inexpensive birthday celebration but a joyous one with my loved ones.


Mouth-watering Tiramisu cake from Alexis Bistro with strawberry sauce and Haagen-Dazs ice-cream...




My new toy, which iLove!! I still need to study it more in-depth and will probably need to make a trip to the Samsung phone shop in the Gardens Mid Valley in order to know how to use at least half of the functions of this android phone.

11 comments:

Ann said...

BLESSED BIRTHDAY! I am eyeing the Galaxy too...does it feel bulky?

And the cake looks delish.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Ann, I am still not used to holding this phone as it is wide and long. I have a phobia of dropping it because it feels too big for my small palm. But I love the wide screen. Feels like using an iPad with 3G :)

LittleLamb said...

Ur husband..very sai sum one..
Be Blessed and Thank The Lord =)

Have a good ngau 1..

Yannie said...

Nice and cool present from your hubby. It is very practical for you, a business woman. Happy belated birthday to you. We will hit 40 together next year.

Charmaine said...

That is a divine looking birthday cake. What a great present. Saw it at the shops and wondered how it compares to the Apple products. Having just turned 40 last year, I can tell you, it still feels the same as in the 30s. To me, age is a number which does not define how I feel in my heart and mind.

BoeyJoey said...

You're 39?!?!?!!!!! I thought you're much much younger! Keep up with the fitness program; I think it's keeping you young :-D.

Happy Birthday! Great birthday celebration there :-)

Mumsgather said...

Whoot! That's a nice toy! Agree with Charmaine, 40s feel like 30s, no different. I'm already halfway through and I still feel young but the next number 50s sound more scary. hahaha.

mommy to chumsy said...

the cake look delish! i love your birthday pressie :) only 39...such a young ciku lah you :P

Chris said...

Happy B-day!! U are still a spring chicken! Enjoy the 30s, and here's to even more fun in the next decade!

Unknown said...

39? Oh well... it's just another bracket in the forms. But yea, honestly I know what you mean. I am already not wanting to celebrate my birthdays simply because I can't age gracefully... haha! In denial mode since 25.

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

Shireen, i din even know how old u are until today. Was very shocked because you don't even look like your real age!

Happy belated birthday to you ...