Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Organic Valley Organic Fresh Milk

I was shopping for fresh milk at Village Grocer at Bangsar Village and spotted a new brand of organic milk called Organic Valley being sold. It costs RM23.49 for a 1 litre box. For us, the 1 litre box of milk will last us for 3 days as only Baby and my mil drink fresh milk. If Alycia and Sherilyn were to drink fresh milk too, the 1-litre box will only last us for 1 day. This means that I would have to fork out a minimum of RM704.70 just on fresh milk for 1 month!! This amount is equivalent to the take-home salary of some lesser fortunate people.

Would you spend this much on organic fresh milk? Gee, it looks like only very wealthy people can afford to go fully organic or half organic!


10 comments:

Little Kit Boy said...

Not only wealthy but also a very health conscious person will 'invest' in organic food.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

no i won't :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

no i won't :P

Charmaine said...

OMG...wouldn't be paying for that. Is it imported?

MeRy said...

it is expensive...I won't go for it.

coffeesncookies said...

fresh milk, as it is.. already very expensive, I won't even think organic

Zoe said...

Organic food are very expensive! I would love to buy organic and free-range food but I think they are generally too expensive for my mid-income families.

Yannie said...

I will buy this for myself if it is in low fat.

Adrine said...

RM20+ for a box of milk? no way :)

Unknown said...

Actually if you shop around abit you see some other oversea brands, selling organic milk for lesser price. There is also a UHT milk for RM1x.xx at 1Mont Kiara under brand name Harvest Fresh Lactose Free Milk.

On the other hand, I'm researching on health and notice some cites saying that milk is not good for immune... neither is it a good source for calcium... haiyo, whatever it is, just take in moderation.

Even vege and fruits and meat are no longer safe, have to wash and detox and too much chemicals.