Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby C's 3rd Post-Surgery Anniversary

Every year at the start of May, since May 2009, I really cannot help going down the horror memory lane that lasted for 3 nightmarish weeks. This morning as I was going through the list of May 2012 public holidays on a piece of paper from Sherilyn's ballet school, which is stuck to our fridge door, I remembered that in 3 days' time, it will be the 3rd anniversary of Cassandra's surgery.  On 5 May 2009, my then 13-month old baby went through a major surgery that lasted over 5 hours. Something really wrong happened after the surgery and she was cut up again 2 weeks later... after daily X-rays, a CT scan and other invasive scans failed to diagnose what was wrong with her intestines.


Day 1 - after the 1st op which was a Ureteral Reimplantation surgery. She was down with high fever for over a week. Surgeon suspected something was wrong as there should not be a fever for so long. She was devoid of food via mouth for 3 weeks and had to be fed with nutrients through a tube that was inserted through her right chest.


Day 2 of the 1st surgery. I myself was down with high fever, throat infection and flu, whilst hubs was hospitalized and isolated at the same hospital (suspicion of H1N1). I wore a face mask 24 hours a day but Baby's immune system was weak and she too got bitten by the bug. It was a triple whammy for me! 




And my baby girl 3 years later... a very happy, chatty and charming girl. She has definitely come a long way and is the toughest little girl I have ever met.  May God bestow upon this girl with an abundance of good health forever and NO more surgery for her.

4 comments:

Yannie said...

I remember that I was so nervous and and kept checking at your blog that time. I wished to hear only good news from you. Glad to see her growing up so well now. Mummy is definitely doing a very good job.

LittleLamb said...

Thinking back now..our friendship is almost 3-4 yrs!!! So glad to see BabyC recovered.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheoh Yan and Rachel, yea how time flies!! And thanks for still visiting my blogs after all these years.

Leona said...

It is never easy to see our little ones suffer..
thank God the stormy days for u and baby C have passed~