Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 10, 2012

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Just a moment ago during the girls' Mandarin tuition class at home, Alycia jokingly said this in Mandarin to her tutor : "Miss M, I know why you still don't have a boyfriend... because you always dress up like a boy! HAHA!"   Gosh, that was a real embarrassing moment for her teacher. Alycia can be very forthright in her words to people whom she is very comfortable with. Many times, she will highlight the weaknesses of the person directly to the person, without first processing the words in her head, thus causing embarrassment to the 'victim' and to me, if I were in the picture. Though I am seated just next to the table where the class is on-going, I pretended that I did not hear what Alycia has just said. I am too embarrassed to even reprimand her. If I were the teacher, I would feel hurt with the comment, albeit it came from a 9-year old child. I better reprimand Alycia when the class is over, lest she says something similar to other people next time!

4 comments:

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

Alycia said: I've been looking at your wedding photo on the wall for almost an hour. 'Kung Kung' still looks the same but you, Granny, has changed a lot...you look so different now, why? I like your look when you were younger!

Granny said: Alycia we all change as we grow. See, you too look very different in this 1st birthday photo over here...

Alycia proceeded to sketch a icture of the 'now' Granny.... one with eyebags, wrinkles on the forehead, at the corner of the eyes...

Alycia said: Granny, you look exactly like the drawing here.LOL!!

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

Cassandra also said this: Granny your neck looks like a giraffe's neck...you have a giraffe neck, Granny!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Granny, LOL!!

Chris said...

I like Granny's answers! I would add that the wrinkles were earned from smiles and also from worries about the people we care for. And we will always want to look younger or skinnier or whatever, such is human nature and kids need to learn to accept and understand that.
Btw, did the teacher say anything to Alicia's remarks? Hope she had a good comeback, eg. "I do dress comfortably for myself especially if I am working. It is just a very small and superficial part of me. If anyone, be it male or female, just sees me for what I am wearing, I would not even bother with such shallow minds. True friends see me for what I really am and accept me as is. And this makes for a mature outlook and attitude, something some people may never achieve. Such is their loss."