Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lunch At Blu Med @ Mid Valley

On the eve of Alycia's exam yesterday, I was feeling quite relaxed. I  agreed to the hubs' suggestion to bring us to Mid Valley Megamall for lunch and shopping.  We had lunch at Blu Med restaurant as the foodie hubs wanted to try this new eatery headed by the famed Iron Chef - Chef Sasajima.

Blu Med is a Mediterranean + Italian restaurant under the Texchem Group (Sushi King, Waku Waku, Goku Raku Ramen). This restaurant offers an authentic Mediterranen experience executed by their Italian and international chefs, with unique touches, and all expertly directed by Iron Chef, Chef  Sasajima, a Maestro of a distinctive style of Italian cuisine with a Japanese twist.

Here's  what the foodie hubs picked from the menu:


1) A Cicchetti dish composed of a platter of baby squids cooked with potatoes and fruits (I think), deep fried fish, deep fried squids, two varieties of deep fried meat balls (I sure hope that the balls contained no horse meat!) and open sandwich.




Famished girls waiting impatiently  to dig into the first dish, while mummy was busy snapping pictures of the food. A blogger mummy has to do what a blogger has to do and everyone knows it since 6 years ago. So before anyone lays their hand on a dish, they know that they have to stay their hands off the food and lay frozen for at least 1 minute for mummy to snap the dishes at all angles teeheeeheeee........

Photo: Lunch at Blue Med, yums!

2) Calzone - this looked like a humungous curry puff but it is stuffed with minced beef.  We all find the crust too thick (NOT good for weight watchers!). The stuffing was mild in taste.

3) Linguini Carbonara - Hubs and I find the pasta pretty bland in taste but the girls who are pasta queens made no complaints about it and gobbled up every strand of noodles.

4) There was also a Seabass Acqua Pazza dish and that dish won over the rest of the dishes. But for the price of RM45 for a portion that is even smaller than my fist, I think it is overpriced.

5) Pizza - my heart sank when this dish arrived. The color of the crust, which looked as if the pizza was not thoroughly baked had already given me the tell-tale answer on how the pizza would taste. We did not even bother to taste the pizza partly because there was too much food left (portion was pretty big). So we had the entire pizza wrapped up in aluminium foil and took it away for dinner that night. It tasted better when I rebaked it for 20 minutes in the oven.

6) Ravioli - this is what I call Italian 'wanton'.  None of us really liked this dish.

Photo


Foreground on your left is the RM45 seabass fish dish and on your right is Ravioli 




Pizza...



For dessert, the hubs picked Tiramisu and the restaurant-made ice-cream consisting of papaya, banana and cempedak ice cream .  When the dessert arrived, Alycia was too quick to put a spoonful of Tiramisu into her mouth without first asking me what it was and she choked till she almost puked as the Tiramisu had a thick coating of chocolate powder on top. I almost suffocated too when I took a spoonful of it!  I personally find that there was way too much powdered chocolate and I felt as if I had inhaled a big sniff of chocolate talcum powder sprayed directly onto my nostrils and throat. The homemade ice cream tasted flat too. It would have tasted better had it been a tad milkier or creamier.   Anyway, my 3 greedy devils walloped them all, irregardless of whether they tasted heavenly or just run-of-the-mill.












 

Facade of Blu Med -- picture taken from eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com



To be honest, the hubs and I find the food not up to par in comparison with the price and all the media hype. He definitely did not get a bang for his buck. When I asked him if he would return, his answer was "only for a drink. No food!" 






Blu Med, The Boulevard,
Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2201-5081





2 comments:

Yannie said...

In most pictures, Cass looks like has already caught up with the size of her second sister. The fist pic, they both look like a twin.

Saras said...

I was about to say the same thing as Yan. Baby C has grown :)