Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Old Treasure Found

During our recent trip back to Ipoh, my mum dug out some very, very old seashells and pebbles and showed them to the girls.

When I saw them, I felt really sentimental.  I felt as if I was brought back via a time machine to the early 1980s!  These seashells were collected by my older brother, Ray and me from the beaches that my dad brought us to for holidays.  I remember some were collected in 1979 when I was only 6 years old at Golden Sands in Lumut.  Some were collected from the beaches in Teluk Batik.  And some were collected by my mum when she was a child (the hugest one, held by Sherilyn in the below picture)...
 




I could not believe that seashells and corals do not decompose and ours still look very solid!

You see those shiny brown and grey pebbles?  My maternal granny brought them back from China for my brothers and me circa 1988.  I remember we placed them inside a plastic aquarium that we kept our 2 pet tortoises.


"These are MINE!" "NO NO, they are MINE!" And the row went on and on over some old seashells! *roll eyes*!






Oh yes, the colorful marbles belonged to my older brother and they are over 30 years!

As with all bickering and tug of war, there must be a concession, so...

each one has some of everything :)




 

2 comments:

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

There're more treasures in the storeroom. Wait till I have the time and energy to find them for the kids who would be thrilled, I'm sure. BTW, Golden Sands is in Pangkor Island, not in Lumut. We have to take a small ferry boat from the mainland in Lumut across the sea to the island of Pangkor where the Golden Sands Hotel is.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mum, really? We'll go thru the treasure closet next month during the school hols :)