Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Major Decision-Making

In 4.5 months' time, Cass would start Primary 1 in her two che ches' school.   This would mean that I will have to make a major decision that is life-changing for me.  I am not ready to share what my new plan is yet.  But after sleeping over this matter and thinking hard about it every day for over a year, I think I have come to a decision.

This is certainly not an easy decision but I have to settle my mind on it so that I can prepare myself mentally now  to walk towards that road when the time comes in just 4.5 months' time.

Did I mention that I am one very fickle-minded person?  I tend to sway in my decisions pretty easily.  I have a problem making firm decisions.  Thus, I always 'tai-chi' important decision-making matters to the hubs.  He is one who is not as forward thinking as me or rather does not worry about things that are bound to happen down the road.  He is one who lives in the moment vs. me who thinks too far ahead and worry too much.  Hubs makes decisions pretty easily. He has the balls to take the bull by the horns vs. me who prefers to be in a real 'safe'  environment.  I am too lazy and have no time to fight fires and play matador.  I have asked hubs' opinion on my decision many times and his answer has always been "up to you" -- which is his favorite line. He is one guy who lives by Nike's tagline of "Just Do It"!

Walking the new path would mean having to make some sacrifices.  I am not sure if the new path is easier for me or has more stumbling blocks than my current path. I wouldn't know until the door is opened and I walk through it.  If it looks jerky, I can always turn back and run out through the door and re-walk the old path.  I am pretty resilient but just hate to test the deep sea water. Trying something new always seems daunting but these fears may be unfounded. I just need lots of guts, prayers and faith to walk the new path.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Home schooling Cass? That's the biggest sacrifice and change for mummy, I guess. Whatever your decision, most importantly child and father and mother all agree. There's always a Plan B (even for us) but well... all da best!

Ben and Shaun said...

God will be your strength in whatever decision that you make. Trust that He will give you peace the surpasses all understanding once your decision is made.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Irene - no. Will unveil the answer should it materialize :)

Joanne - thank you for the comforting words :)

LittleLamb said...

back to workforce???

Whatever it is, feel the peace. If you dont have peace at heart, it means its not the right decision. All the best.

Alice said...

This sound familiar to me...
I believe God will surely enlighten you soon...
Keep up your prayers! Good luck!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Little Lamb - not quite :)

Alice - thanks :)

mun said...

Open your physical store? All the best!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mun - hmmmmm..... no :)

Chris said...

Delay Cass starting school? It is a choice for the family, and no matter what, no one can fault you for doing what is the best for yourselves at that present time. Good luck!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, thanks for the kind words. Nope, that's not the reason :)

Inspiredmomx1 said...

Sack the Aunty transporter and take over the role yourself? Quit your online store so that you have more time for the kids?