Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Admirer At Seven Years Old!

There's this cute little boy in Cass' class who likes Cass A LOT! I have met him several times and he looks like a baby to me - cute, cuddly and still very childish. I guess he must be a December child as he is very tiny for his age, like a 4-year old kid. Once, I had to bring Cass home early as she had an appointment with the surgeon. As I led Cass out of the classroom, this boy who was playing with Cass kept hugging her and told her not to go home!

Cass tells me that this boy (I'll call him J) likes to follow her wherever she goes to. Sometimes he will mimic his lips to a kissing bud and will try to kiss Cass! Cass would run for her dear life. Sometimes, J will go after Cass to hug her and she will avoid at all cost. J likes to touch Cass' things and this would always irritate her. One time, she got so pissed with J that she told him this "my mummy asked me not to friend you anymore!" And she told me that those words hurt J so much that he was terribly crestfallen and moody the entire day!


In class today and related to me by Cass:

Cass - J, why do you like to touch my things and go near me all the time? Why don't you touch N's and Q's things? Why don't you disturb them?

 J - because N and Q are troublesome. I don't like them.

 Cass - why do you like me so much?

 J - because you are very pretty!

HO HO HO! LOL!

One time, J was rummaging through Cass' school bag and lo and behold, he fished out Cass' diapers, wrapped individually in plastic bags!! J asked Cass if she wears diapers and Cass told me that she cooked up a white lie to cover up! A few days later, J asked Cass repeatedly again if she wears diapers but Cass just ignored him.  I told Cass that she should not be ashamed of her problem. She needs to wear diapers because she has a medical issue and not because she is lazy to pee in the toilet. So she should not tell white lies to her friends but instead tell them the truth. I told Cass that those who cannot accept her are not worth being her friends and she should avoid fair weathered friends, period.

Cass however reveals her dark secret to her close girlfriends and they are all understanding and did not poke fun at her. Of course, there are a couple of evil and mischievous ones who would sometimes make fun of her but I am glad that Cass knows how to fend for herself.

Shouldn't I be happy that Cass has a strong admirer though she is only 7?  Not really. I have warned Cass time and again that she has to be very careful with J.   I explained to her that she should never let J or  anyone for that matter,  touch her private parts and she has to tell her teacher immediately should anyone try to touch her.

Looking at Cass here, you think anyone would find her pretty, demure and cute? She eats chicken feet like a village girl and she can be a real kick-ass bad girl who incense you till your blood boil!



5 comments:

Chris said...

I love how Cass handles herself so well! Wish I had been that cool at her age! And it is wonderful to get attention like that. Hope it is the start of many! I have always encouraged the kids to not take anything seriously cos I always worry mean girls can be quite vicious fighting for attention from boys. As well, when the kids got older, my advice is they should never marry the first person they date! I know, some people disagree. My idea is to go have fun, see what is out there in the world, meet lots of people, and if u still think the first one is it, and he is still available, then get back together, older and wiser. Know something, am still in touch with my high school sweetheart! Still good friends and enjoy each other's company, but very glad we didn't get married!

Health Freak Mommy said...

HI Chris, yeah, I agree on the idea of having loads of fun first before getting hitched. Wow, you still keep in touch with yr high school sweetheart? That's awesome!

kcantares said...

Very wise advice you gave to your girl. It's quite strange that boys this age already like to touch and hug girls. Glad to hear that there are good friends looking out for her in class. And yes, Cass is very special, and pretty too! :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Kcantares.. I guess that this is natural - for a boy to like a girl and vice versa, even from a young age. I have a friend who married her childhood sweetheart and they met when they were 2-3YOs at the babysitters! They are really a pair made in heaven. :)

mun said...

I hope the little boy's mother has explained to him that although he likes someone, he should respect their privacy. 7 years old is old enough to understand this. Else he may grow up to be a stalker.

Cass is a girl with courage and you are teaching her correctly to explain to her friends why she needs diapers.