Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Grilled Chicken Sandwich For Dinner

Here's one of the simple dinners that I dished out sometime last week.

Sandwich with pan-fried chicken fillet, spiced tuna fish, cheese, cool cucumbers and juicy tomatoes.





Ever since I got a new Tefal non-stick wok that's really efficient (cooks food really fast), I've since found a renewed love for pan-frying!  It does not cause as much splish splash of oil vs steel-cast wok.

The chicken fillet was marinated with coriander seed powder, black pepper, garlic powder, garlic oil and gula melaka syrup.  They were really delish!






Spiced tuna - I used canned tuna flakes in mineral water and seasoned it with black pepper, cajun, cumin, garlic salt,  light mayo sauce and spring onions.  Since I did not have enough time to chop onions, spring onions was my next best alternative.  With a little oil left after pan-frying the chicken fillet, I used it to heat up the tuna and mixed the seasoning.   And this spiced tuna tasted fantastic.  The cumin gives it a little Middle Eastern flavor.




The slices of bread were lightly toasted in the oven...




And the girls fixed their sandwich themselves with 5 layers of ingredients -- in the order of spiced tuna, cucumber, cheese, tomato and chicken fillet.




And this sandwich was seriously good. Way better than Subway!!





I had reheated some fried rice (I cooked that for lunch) for the 'rice barrel' girl but to my surprise, she ain't interested in rice!  For the first time!  She only wanted the sandwiches and after this delish sandwich dinner, she told me that she wouldn't mind eating sandwiches for one of her meals everyday!





Since the 'rice barrel' turned down the fried rice, Sherilyn brought it to school for recess the next day, with 2 pieces of chicken fillet :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it healthy to use non stick pan? I heard it contain Teflon which is bad for our health and potentially cause cancer? Sorry coz my mum banned us from using non stick cos of the said reason. I would like to use non stick though cos its really convenient so was looking out for alternative actually

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Anonymous

I actually did a google search before I did the purchase.

Here's an article to quell your fears:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/nervous-about-nonstick

So the rule of thumb is
1) Don't cook at high heat
2) Discard the pan/wok when you see scratches as chemicals may leach out.

I only use this non-stick wok to fry eggs, stir-fry veggies and light and fast pan-frying.
Braising and anything that requires long cooking time - I will use our Le Creuset pots or a slow cooker.


Happy reading and cooking! :)