Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, August 24, 2015

Positive Attitude

When Cass alighted from the school van just now...

Me - So how's the result of the Chinese story-telling competition?

Cass (in a really cheery mood) - I did not get into the semi-finals. Only RX and C managed to get in.

Me - it's OK baby

Cass - but I am going to take part in the coming BM story-telling competition! I have already told Cikgu C that I want to take part!! *announcing with renewed hope and optimism*

Me - that's good!  I love your attitude and spirit!  You have a never-give-up spirit and I like it!

Cass - if I don't win this BM story-telling competition, how?

Me - that's perfectly ok. It's not about winning.  It's about courage and persistence.  Not everyone dares to go up the stage to talk you know.

Cass - if I don't win in this BM story-telling competition, then I will take part in the English story-telling competition.  And what if I don't win the English one, how?

Me - that's OK. Then you start all over again with Chinese, English and BM story-telling competition next year when you are in Standard 2.

Cass - YES!  And if I don't win, I will still take part again in Standard 3, 4, 5 up till Standard 6!

Me - even if you don't win, that's OK too..  Someday and somewhere you will win.  Just never give up and keep trying.



I just gotta love this girl's eternal sunshine even during her darkest moments in her hospital ordeals!

Cass at 7 years 4 months


No comments: