Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Cutting Down On Green Tea

I love drinking tea, especially green tea.  I used to drink at least 2 cups of green tea a day until my total blood count test shows that my iron level is very low.  With its bounty of antioxidants and relatively moderate levels of caffeine, tea is one of the healthiest beverages around.  But drinking tea is said to block the body's absorption of dietary iron, potentially causing a deficiency.

Thus, I have reduced my consumption of green tea, though not going cold turkey on it. Why? Well, green tea is still beneficial to me.  According to a study published in 2010 in the “American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology,” a substance in green tea appears to significantly shrink the size of uterine fibroids.  So yeah, I am still drinking green tea but reduced significantly to say maybe about 3-4 cups in a week.

I have now replaced green tea with peppermint tea, lemon grass + pandan tea, Misai Kuching tea and lemon myrtle tea, on top of my red dates + black dates tea which I drink daily now. I also drink 2 packets of Izumio everyday.

Below is my cup of "all greens tea" consisting of everything green -- a sachet of organic 3 mints tea consisting of peppermint, spearmint and fieldmint, freshly plucked basil leaves from my little garden and fresh pandan leaves.  I had sips of this tea while tucking into all my mom's home baked CNY cookies 💗😋

Image may contain: food

No comments: