Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, February 13, 2017

Indulge Moderately But Take Precaution

The 15 days of Chinese New Year celebration is finally over.  For those who celebrated, I am sure you had a hard time trying to resist sinking your teeth into those irresistible cookies, arrowroot chips, crabstick crisps and dried meat. And those back-to-back high fat and meaty meals with family members and friends with no opportunity to even rest our innards.  Even 'lou sang' is the baddie with such ingredients as super sweet gooey plum syrup, oil, fried crackling crisps and fried vermicelli colored with an assortment of bright food dye added into the plate of fruits and vegetables to make the dish look colorful and palatable. Thankfully I didn't gain any weight despite indulging in such high caloric food while skipping exercise for one week during the CNY school holidays 😊

To keep your weight in check, never starve yourself, skip meals or go cold turkey on your favorite snacks. That will only make you crave more for the forbidden food.  Eat everything you love in small portions and in moderation. I like to satiate my crave but never overdo it. Never ever overeat on anything. Below is my favorite 'nin ko' prepared in the humblest way - steamed and coated with freshly grated coconut. I have been craving to eat steamed nin ko with grated coconut throughout the 15 days of CNY but only get to satiate my craving today 😋 And nope, I didn't gorge on it.  A few really yummy pieces managed to satiate my crave. Till then, I'll wait for another year before I get to taste nin ko again 😀

Image may contain: food and indoor



While it's okay to indulge occasionally, it is very important for us to ensure that we are doing our best to take good care of our health.  Even if you’re eating a healthy diet, however, white flour and sugar raise your risk for diabetes as well as many other diseases.

The production of white flour involves stripping away of the most nutritional aspects of the grain: the germ and the bran. It also includes the addition of lost B vitamins and iron, and bleaching it with a chemical bleaching agent to make it appear bright white. The flour itself is devoid of the fiber which aids in passing easily through the large intestine. A person following a diet that regularly includes eating white flour as well as sugar or products made with the ingredients, increases their chances for weight gain, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

I am glad that I have Izumio and Super Lutein to keep me healthy. After sinful indulgences, I always drink an extra packet of Izumio and pop extra Super Lutein. The same goes for my girls.  I cannot tell you how effective these products are in keeping our immune system strong, thus preventing us from easily falling sick.




What are you doing to ensure that your health is protected?

For more reading on Izumio and Super Lutein, you can click here.

No comments: