Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, July 17, 2017

Super Smoothies

I'm back at whipping up smoothies again after a hiatus of several months 😀🍹

What I like about making smoothies for the girls is that I can hide raw greens and superfoods like goji berries and almonds in it by blending and mixing them into a wonderful and refreshing drink that the girls wouldn't even be able to tell 😊

Besides, when we drink smoothies, we get our daily allowance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming the daily recommendations of fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Blending a couple of servings of each into a smoothie helps ensure you meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.

Smoothies are also great for  our digestion. Nobody wants to experience constipation or indigestion. Let your blender help you “chew” your fruits and vegetables and ease the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of dietary fiber to ensure excellent digestion.

Last week, I whipped up a concoction of  super smoothies.

Below: apple, orange, pineapple, lemon, raw honey and organic lettuce smoothie.  I only use organic greens for smoothies. Cass liked the smoothie so much that she gulped down 2 large jars of it.

 

I LOVE watching how the colorful fruits and veggies slowly turn into a beautiful hue of green when greens are added while they whiz in my Blendtec blender.

Below: mango, orange, lemon and alfalfa + broccoli sprouts smoothie.





Below: apple, orange, passion fruit, lemon, raw honey and organic goji berry smoothie.


I just love the vibrant orangy red color of the smoothie when goji berries are added.  My girls never like goji berries when used in cooking. They will single out all the goji berries from soups and chicken dishes. But when mixed into a smoothie, they have absolutely no issues with these super berries.




The number of healthy ingredients available for smoothies is practically limitless. After your basic fruits and vegetables, you can add an array of various spices, herbs, super foods and other health foods. The possibilities and combinations are endless. I love making smoothies for my family.


No comments: