Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve - 31 December 2017

In my 20s, New Year's Eve would mean splurging on an expensive dinner at a glitzy restaurant or hotel, after which the hubs and I would join our group of Ipoh childhood friends to count down at a disco or hotel.  After we were  married and had babies respectively, our group  had a hiatus in our new year's eve revelry for several years. When our kids were a little older, we continued with our year end tradition by taking the effort to have dinner together on the last day of the year  and then to count down at a hotel or at a friend's house. This year is an exception as two of the families are still vacationing in Japan.

This year my parents are here to celebrate the year end festivities and hubby's birthday with us again.  One of our yearly Christmas and New Year's Eve routine is to make a trip to Pavillion and Lot 10 to immerse ourselves in the festive mood and feast our eyes on the Christmas decor.





Though we had a heavy breakfast at the Lot 10 food court just an hour earlier followed by a huge Gelato ice-cream on cone each for the girls (costing a whopping RM66 for three), the hubs dragged us all to one of the cafes at Pavillion for a sinful indulgence in cakes, coffee, tea and juice.



Papa and mum, with Albert Einstein behind them 😆

We were tickled pink to have chanced upon someone in real life who looked so much like Albert Einstein, the German mathematician and physicist. The girls were chiding me for secretly snapping a picture of 'Albert Einstein' but the paparazzi in me just can't help it! 😆

56 Mind-Blowing Albert Einstein Quotes


While everyone else had sushi and sake at Isetan The Japan Store @ Lot 10,  Drama Queen and I shopped for clothes at H&M.




Dinner was at our favorite neighborhood restaurant. We had a quiet and low-key count-down to new year at home this year with a spectacular view of fireworks from KLCC and other spots in KL from the comforts of our condo.

Thank you all for reading this post, which is my last post for 2017, for following this blog and for being part of Health Freak Mommy for the past 10 years.  I know some of you have been following my blogs since April 2007.

I wish and pray that the year 2018 will be a great year for you, your family and for my family and me.

With love 💓


No comments: